Out of commission and not happy about it!
No blog posts for a while because life has been way sucky over here...all 4 of us have been sick. It's been particularly nasty, with Brad having the flu, me having a sinus infection, and the kids having something too (mild flu, maybe?).
And it all started, of course, on Brad's very first day of vacation. Great. Gone were our plans of Brad finishing the house up and putting it on the market and us putting an offer on the house we like and maybe even fitting in some fun outings and things with the kids. Gone was me and Brad's big night out to our favorite Ethiopian restaurant in New Haven and a concert (Ryan Adams) that we bought tickets to 2 months ago.
Nope. We have done nothing. We have been literally housebound and miserable for a week straight. Pretty much at all times, one of the 4 us has been on the couch, moaning. In fact, a few times, both Brad and I were laid out on the couch together and poor Peyton and Sonja (and Hudson) had to take care of themselves. Thank god for the one person who was there for us--our friend Linda, who put in numerous hours babysitting (and cleaning and entertaining the kids and making dinner, etc, etc). Where would we be without her???!! You rock, Linda!
Anyway, it has sucked big time and I'm way bitchy (and bitter) about it and feeling quite woe-is-me. So please excuse my irritable post, and hopefully, when I have some energy, I'll post some cute pics of the kids!
--C.


4 Comments:
Car and Brad,
As my therapist says, don't think of what you can't do..think of what you Can do (do-do!). Hang in there, I've been down, but never out! Get well soon.
So you missed Bryan Adams, no big deal. Oh wait RYAN ADAMS!!! Now that sucks!! I'm so sorry. :-)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thanks for the mention... although it was quite exaggerated... I really didn't do much and I am very happy to do anything you need. In my book you are family and I love you!
I didn't miss the show. It was more than I was ready to handle, but I wasn't about to miss out on the Cardinals. The woman sitting next to me didn't seem to mind me coughing all over her all evening. Car did miss out though.
-Brad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home