More Than I Can Chew
Some things seem like a good idea at the time...
This Columbus Day weekend was spent like the Vesneski family holidays of old. Grueling physical labor. Three days of ripping off old shingles, hefting up new shingles, popping nails, maneuvering heavy skylights, dodging power lines, sealing skylights, and inventive problem solving all on a good 45 degree incline. By the end of the day Monday, we were still a good 8 feet from the roof line. Rain is on the horizon for Thursday, so I guess Long Meadow will be short one staff member come Wednesday.
It came off a lot quicker than it was going to go back on.
Way to go Dad! Here we see the Captain of most home improvement projects making the magic happen. Everything I know about home improvement (and coincidentally, swearing), I have learned from him. I am eternally grateful for all the help and guidance that he has provided on this and countless other projects.
Larry, Moe, and Curly. "Soitenly we can tackle this project." Thanks again to my father and to my friend John.
At the foot of the slope lies next weekend's project. That was a whole lot of nails we dropped!
Thanks also to Carley and Mom. They kept everything else in line.
It has been rough, spending a long weekend home, but not with the fam. With Carley working so much lately, it has been hard for us to find time to all be together at once. I am looking forward to getting to spend some time with Carley and the kids, together, in the near future.
-Brad


3 Comments:
HOLY CRAP!!!! I am in awe, and thankful that there were no casualties. I've been banned from my roof altogether, yet its slope is like a bunny hill next to your ski jump. You and Ken are the Men!
Any chance you can make a quick trip to CA to hang Christmas lights? Since the roof ban, the Rutledge headquarters just hasn't looked the same... :-)
Our DIY skills pale in comparison! We even hire a window cleaner so we don't have to go up there...
We need to hear more about Carley working! No post on that yet!?
I know I will be lamenting all the things I haven't had to do lately with Greg home, once he goes back to work...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home