Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas 2007: a review

Although gift-giving and receiving is not, nor should be, the most important part of Christmas, it was such an event (of almost comic proportion) that I had to at least mention a few of the highlights (in abridged form)...

Largest gift: a pair of sawhorses for Brad from my parents

Tiniest gift: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup chapstick (what??!!) for me from my sister-in-law, Sunday

Most creative gift: a CD for Brad from my dad of Christmas carols made entirely from the sounds of various tools

Most adventurous gift: a set of lace bras (with a pair of matching underwear) for me from Brad

Most technological gift: tie between 6 months of DVR for my sister Ashley from my mom and our new fancy schmancy digital camera from my parents

Most meaningful gift: a necklace for me from my sister Stacey with a P and an S in both kids' birthstones on it. The coolest part? The P and S are in braille!

Most delicious gift: 6 Godiva chocolate bars (2 each of white chocolate, dark chocolate and milk chocolate) for Brad from one of his students

Gift I'm most excited about: a webcam from my parents so we can make face-to-face calls over the internet with the whole fam!

Gift I'm still a little unsure about: a pair of hand-me-down jeans from Ash in a size 4 Long that I could barely squeeze myself into (I am NOT a size 4, let me assure you)

Gift we are most grateful for: a new instant hot water heater from Ken and Terry so we don't have to take cold showers anymore!

Best gift of all??? My parents and Ash coming all the way out from California and Arizona to spend the entire week with us!!

And of course, what would a holiday post be without a ridiculous amount of pictures???


Skeptical Sonja


Peyton sharing the joys of his favorite movie, Cars, with Grandma and Grandpa


Celebrating Ashley's 28th birthday out


Grandma and Sonja


Grandma and Peyton making Christmas cookies!


Mommy and Sonja

1
The tree (and presents)


The stockings


Christmas afternoon with both sides of the fam


The grandmas


Sonja all dolled up in her Christmas outfit


Peyton all decked out in his Christmas outfit


Ken and Terry's beautifully decorated house


Me and Ash


Brad looking quite jolly


Peyton and Sonja enjoying their new toy from Grandma and Grandpa Vesneski--a train table!


Opening stockings

More pictures to come...

--C.

9 Comments:

At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU. ARE. A. SIZE. 4. D A M M I T!!!! Seriously, I wish we had taken a picture of your ass in your jeans (size 8 or 10) and the jeans I gave you (size 4). People would LAUGH!

Anyway, I'm glad I got to spend the season with you guys. Love you all!!

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger The Brown 4 said...

Excellent recap, and excellent pics! Looks like a great time was had by all!

Sounds like Ash has thrown the gauntlet down! We want ass pictures!! Ha ha.

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!

What is Terry pulling out of her stocking? Ash looks horrified...

 
At 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOR THE RECORD:
Denise wrote that brown4 post. NOT ME.

 
At 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm checking everyday for comparative ass pictures...

 
At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, unless Brad sneaks some pictures of my ass while I'm sleeping (that sounds a little creepy, doesn't it?), I will NOT be posting any ass pictures. Sorry to disappoint...

 
At 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no one wants to see pictures of my butt? Man alive!

Of course, me squeezing into those size 4 jeans is even creepier than me taking pictures of Car's butt while she sleeps.

 
At 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fine Christmas, indeed, and you have captured it well in words and pictures. We had a great time and appreciate all the effort put forth by everyone to make us feel at home. As to the gifts -- I guess the gift orgy just follows us wherever we go ........

Love, Dad

 
At 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fine Christmas, indeed, and you have captured it well in words and pictures. We had a great time and appreciate all the effort put forth by everyone to make us feel at home. As to the gifts -- I guess the gift orgy just follows us wherever we go ........

Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home