Halloween #3
Our last Halloween event for the season (we skipped out on the Parks and Rec party and opted for naptime instead) was trick-or-treating at the home of our friends Lisa and Scott and their 4-year old twins. Although we went trick-or-treating last year in our neighborhood, neither Peyton nor Sonja remember it, so this was like a whole new world for them. Peyton has only recently discovered candy (a potty training treat!), so his eyes were popping when he realized he could get some from every house on their street. Sonja didn't really understand the whole holding-out-her-bag-and-getting-a-piece-of-candy thing, but she thoroughly enjoyed walking around holding 4 pieces at once and was quite proud of herself. Afterward, we all went back to the house for some yummy Halloween stew that I made in a real pumpkin (see below). I felt very Martha Stewart-y.
The evening ended (whew!) and the kids went to sleep fairly easily (thanks to only 2 pieces of candy the whole night). However, we now have approximately 20 lbs (ok, slight exaggeration) of candy at home. I guess that's a lot of potty training (and a lot of going to the gym for mom and dad)!
--C.


3 Comments:
Gorgeous stew! I'm impressed!!
We, too, have an abundance of waistline-busting leftovers, which Annalee's GS troop is sending to Iraq for 'Operation Gratitude.' A good excuse to get it out of the house!
Peyton looks a little miffed in the first pic, was he bummed there was another cowboy costume at the same party? :)
It sure is a little spooky that you were cooking!!
JUST KIDDING. Rock on, Cartha, rock on.
Love, ASH
You guys sure had a great Halloween! Ash and I think it's great that Sonja dressed as us! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home