Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thomas!

I haven't had time to post about it until now, but last Saturday was a big day for Peyton--a Day Out With Thomas came to Connecticut. The gist of it is that they transform a real steam engine (in this case, the Essex Steam Train in Essex, CT) into a giant Thomas train and he comes steaming into the station where hundreds of toddlers are waiting to become absolutely crazed from the excitment of seeing their idol in person. It was quite a scene. Unfortunately, it was so loud and chaotic that even though Peyton was directly in front of me (being held by Terry), I couldn't hear a word of what he said when he first saw Thomas (we got some video of it, but all you can hear is my annoying voice saying "Here comes Thomas!" over and over, so we won't be posting that). Needless to say, however, he was beside himself with excitement.

Part of the package deal is that you get to ride Thomas, too, so we all hopped on and enjoyed a 25-minute ride, which of course Peyton loved every minute of. After the ride, we walked through the numerous tents and activities they had set up (and of course the Thomas gift shop where Peyton's eyes were popping) for about a half-hour, but then Sonja got unbearably fussy (she skipped her nap) and we had to bail early. Considering that the weather was the wettest, rawest, coldest weather you could imagine for early November, we were all too happy to get back to the warmth of the car. The whole event was almost more excitement than Peyton's little 2-year old being could handle, so I don't think he even noticed that we left early.

The only pictures we got were a few from the train ride, but in Peyton's mind, the whole thing was pretty unforgettable!







--C.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Peyton that I saw Thomas the Train here in SoCal, but my sighting wasn't a planned one! I was driving east bound on the 126 frwy and saw him chugging along beside me in my car! I quickly began to recount what I had for breakfast, lunch, etc. Turns out he was making his annual apperence in town for the Fillmore Train Festival. Whew! Was I relieved.

 
At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 60's were good to Greg! :)

 
At 11:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peyton --

What fun! You are a Young Man With a Plan! And your Mom and Dad are very supportive.

Sonja --

I like that last picture! You're doing well in the hair department!

Love you both!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home