Art time
One of the things I miss about daycare is the kids' daily (or almost daily) art time. Since my 2 older sisters got about 95% of any creative/artistic ability in the family, it's not exactly my forte. BUT, I believe that it's really important for the kids to have creative time on a regular basis so I've been trying to take matters into my own hands.
Granted, the things we're doing aren't exactly masterpieces, but Peyton is really enjoying it (Sonja is still too young to maintain her attention for that long) and, surprisingly, I am too! So far, we've been sticking to: construction paper, markers, crayons, glitter glue, gluestick, stickers, confetti, and whatever cheap little things I can find at A.C. Moore. But I hope to expand to more complicated things soon.
In addition to the things below (which were done almost entirely by Peyton with very little help from me), we've done: holiday cards, birthday cards, door hangers, seasonal decorations, outdoor decorations and anything else my non-creative mind can come up with!

A hanging butterfly

Seasonal plant accessories (to stick inside the flowerpot next to the plant)

Halloween ghosts
--C.


4 Comments:
So, how do you think the remaining 5% was split between you, me and Todd??
Love, ASH
You guys can dance really well! :)
Car, I have found some great (easy) crafts on the web--Family Fun magazine has some, and Parents magazine too. There are sites geared to teachers, as well. Thank goodness for the Web!
I think it's great what you've done! If you and the kids are enjoying it, then that's all that really counts.
Love, Mom
Well, the fact is that Dee got her artistic talent from her mom, and Stace got hers from your Mom. I was not a factor. Your projects look mighty good to me!!!
Love, Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home