Friday, October 10, 2008

Breaking news!!

What unexpected, wonderful news!! I can't believe our little state is making history!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/11/nyregion/11marriage.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

This is something that is very important to me personally, and Brad and I both whole-heartedly believe that it is a huge step toward true equality (although Brad is annoyed by the timing of it and quite leery of the ammunition it is going to give the conservatives in the upcoming election, especially in California where they will be voting on Prop. 8).

But regardless...

Awesome!

--C.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Sarah's blog on our neighbors and their Yes on 8 side. Really discouraging to live here and be surrounded by the conservative right wing. Now everytime I walk the kids to the grassy area, they point to our neighbor's Yes on 8 sign and, as if they were reading it, drag their precious little pointer fingers and say "Bruce and Jean are saying I can't marry a woman and a man can't marry a man. That is not right. I want to tell them." Congrats on the job. This economy is brutal, but luckily we are not recently retired and needing money that was stored "safely" in the market. Be well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home