California: Days 1-4
Finally! Here are the details from our California trip!
Day 1:
Very long, but uneventful, flight--finally arrived in Orange County in the early afternoon. Both of my parents were there to greet us at the airport. Relaxed the rest of the day and tried to adjust to the time change.
Day 2:
The kids woke up WAY too early (thanks to the time change), so we frolicked and splashed in my parents' pool for a while. Then, Ash and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a walk around the ol' neighborhood. In the afternoon, we headed over to Irvine Park with Ash for a few hours of feeding the ducks, walking the grounds, and watching the park train go by. That night, grandma and grandpa had their first of 2 babysitting stints, while Brad and I went out with an old friend of mine from high school and his new wife for a night of eating and drinking at the Yard House. Seeing that this place had the biggest selection of draft beers I've ever seen (over 150), I'm happy to say that I remember the whole evening. Brad might not. :)
Day 3:
Ash, Brad, the kids and I took advantage of the nice weather again and had a lovely morning walk to Starbucks. Then, we hit the Thrift Shop (where Ash, Stace and I used to spend many an hour working when we were members of Assisteens, an auxiliary community service organization of the Assistance League of Tustin, in high school) to buy a few books for the kids. We hit Souplantation on the way home and had a DELICIOUS lunch (too bad there aren't any closer to us in CT). That night, my parents hosted the now-infamous Friday Fun Night and had Dan and Sue Naber over for Dan's famous popcorn, some pizza and lots of laughs.
Day 4:
Brad and I took the kids in the morning to the Santa Ana Zoo, a small but cute zoo about 10 minutes from my parents house.
At the Santa Ana Zoo
Do turkeys look like that in real life or just in the movies?
Look what I hatched!
Sonja feeding the goats (which she LOVED!)
Peyton takes a turn (he loved it, too!)
That afternoon was the big event, though--a mini-reunion with the whole fam (minus a very missed Stacey, Jason and William!). The weather was gorgeous and we spent most of the time out on my parents' beautiful re-done patio and playing in the pool.
Sonja and Uncle Greg
My grandpa, Sue Naber, my mom, and my niece Annalee
My brother Todd and my dad
Dan Naber and my sister, Denise
My sissies
Peyton and cousin Claira
Are those 2 mischevious grins, or what??
Me, Ash and Ash's friend Anna getting ready to shoot some tequila (courtesy of Brad and my brother-in-law, Greg): the Before picture
Tequila: the After picture
Coming up: Days 5-8
--C.


2 Comments:
Excellent pictures! Not quite the same as being there ourselves, but a good alternative...Looking forward to installment 2!
I'm lovin' these entries. It's like I'm reliving the trip all over again!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home