We're melting...

Yes, we are definitely feeling like the Wicked Witch of the West. We are totally melting in this nasty, record-breaking humidity and heat. Even with 2 air conditioners running in our house, the humidity manages to seep in. The dew point (which measures how much moisture is in the air) is in the mid-70s--anything above 60 is considered highly uncomfortable. Add to that, high 90 degree temperatures and it's downright dangerous.
The bad news?
It's supposed to be worse tomorrow.
The good news?
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hcu-heatclosesschools-0609,0,5682383.story
I have never seen that happen in all my 13 years in CT. The ironic thing is that Brad's school is one of the measly 18% of public schools in CT that actually have air-conditioning. And even his school, which blasts the AC until it is sub-arctic, is struggling to keep the temperature inside at an acceptable level. So yep, he got to come home early today. And probably tomorrow, too.
You know, I wish someone had warned me 13 years ago when I was first deciding to move to CT that the summers here are FAR worse than the winters. You do NOT want to get near me on a day like today. I am a raging, cranky, irritable bitch. Hey, at least I'm not pregnant. I'm not going through THAT again in a summer like this!
:)
--C.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home