Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My, how time flies

Yikes! It's been over 2 weeks since I posted. Lots to report...

In ascending order of significance:

1) Continuing with the gross theme of bug/pest/critter encounters, we (actually, Brad) found a dead mouse in an open box of books in our basement a few weeks ago. That was a first (and hopefully, last) for us. OK, so that's not really news, but it was certainly memorable to me.

2) I signed all 4 of us up for a bunch of things at Parks and Rec in town that I am really excited about. Peyton and Sonja will be doing a gymnastics/movement class for 1-3 year olds one afternoon a week and I will be doing adult co-ed volleyball one night a week. But I'm most looking forward to Peyton and Sonja's swimming lessons on Saturdays. We both feel strongly that they need to learn to swim ASAP, but for different reasons...Peyton because he's a wimp in the water and Sonja because she's fearless!



3) Sonja is sporting her first shiner, courtesy of her brother. He dropped a toy on her head when she was in the most vulnerable position possible--getting her diaper changed. Poor thing didn't even see it coming. It has lasted for almost 2 weeks and I'm wondering what our neighbors are starting to think...



(These pictures don't really do it justice)

4) I landed a short-term paid tutoring gig at my old school. I was hoping for more of a long-term thing, but some other little 2 or 3 hours/week jobs have come up and the money is good, so hopefully it will start adding up. Right now, I am tutoring a sophomore who was expelled. It's all subjects (English, US History, Earth Science, Algebra, Health and Spanish 1) for 10 hours/week. Those of you familiar with my high school experience are probably cracking up at the fact that I am tutoring someone in a language that I have never taken a day of (I took French in high school and college), but hey, neither has he, so we're even! I'm actually finding myself enjoying the challenge. It definitely gives me a greater appreciation for teachers!



5) Brad and I had an evening (and night and next morning!) by ourselves. Brad will explain more about that one later...

6) Sonja is walking now! She has actually been taking steps on her own for a couple of weeks now, but I never posted about it because it was never more than 3 or 4, and it was only to Brad and me, never on her own. Then, about a week ago, she just started getting up on her own and walking all over the house. Her cute little hip swing and the way she holds her arms up like she's putting up her dukes cracks us up. It's great to see her cruising around and trying determinedly to keep up with her brother.



7) Last but not least is the bathroom project from hell. But that one takes a little more explaining, so perhaps I will devote an entire future post to it.



--C.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great posting -- worth the wait! I'm glad to see that Peyton isn't stoned any more, as in the previous posting.

Good luck with your espanol -- remember that "huevos" has several meanings .....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home