Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Other developments

December is proving to be quite an exciting month for us, what with all the new and exciting things the kids are starting to do. Here are some other new developments...

For Peyton:

--He has learned how to tell us he went pee or poopie. Granted, he doesn't use those exact words. In fact, sometimes he doesn't use words at all, he just comes up to me and grabs his crotch. But lately, he has started trying to say "poopie" (it usually comes out as bee-bee) right after he poops. We are very encouraged by this because it means he is on his way to potty-training!

--He has learned how to give kisses. He comes up to us and sticks his face near ours and says "mmmmmaaaaa" (he can't quite make the standard "moi" kissy noise yet). I absolutely love it when he runs up and sticks whatever body part he happens to have injured in my face and asks urgently for a "mmmmmaaaaa". It makes me feel like the most important person in the world and that no one but me can make him feel better!

--And last but not least, he has learned how to say "I love you" (it's more like a jumbled "I oue you", but it melts our hearts nonetheless!)

For Sonja:

--She slept, get this...12 hours in a row last night! 5 pm to 5 am. Brad called it the Christmas miracle. :) OK, so she did actually wake up once to feed, but it was at 8:00 pm and we were still awake, so I don't really count that. And she went right back to sleep, so it was really easy. I haven't slept that well in ages!

--On a not-so-great note, she wouldn't take a bottle for my mother-in-law, who so graciously offered to babysit for 3 hours so I could get some Christmas shopping done. OK, so she did actually take a half-ounce, but that is so measly that I don't even count that. I knew I was jinxing myself with that last posting. The countdown to my return to work is at 27 days, so she better start coming around one of these days!

--She laughed for the first time! I forgot what a wonderful sound a baby laugh is.

All in all, like I said, lots of exciting times here. I wonder what next week will bring!

More pics...


Our tree looking lovely in the evening light.


From our trip to Yankee Candle last month.


It's as close to a good pic of the two of them together as we can get!


Sonja looking quite skeptical.

--C.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Such exciting events!
And your tree is just wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home