Peyton and the Potty
Peyton is officially a big boy now. He has conquered the potty.
We started during the week of Brad's April break. We are now on Day 13 and it is going remarkably well (knock on wood). I considered blogging the whole saga day by day back when we started, but then I realized how up and down the whole process is, so I decided against it. For example, Day 1 was awesome (peeing in his pants about 5 times in 2 hours, but then staying dry for the entire rest of the day), Day 2 was horrendous (peeing in the potty one lone time and every other time in his pants), Day 4 was a cop-out (we abandoned the potty for the day partly out of frustration and partly due to the fact that we were out of the house all day) and Day 5 was pretty good (he mastered pooping on the potty, but still no consistency with peeing).
So where do we stand today on Day 13?
Pooping on the potty: totally mastered. He tells us when he needs to go and he goes. Beautiful.
Peeing on the potty: mostly good. He tells us most of the time when he needs to go, but sometimes if we don't ask, he goes in his pants. If he is in the middle of something particularly exciting or if he is anywhere but home, we pretty much have to rely on asking him if he needs to go.
All in all, the entire process has been considerably easier than we expected. I think it's totally indicative of Peyton himself--he's an easy-going kid, he pretty much does what we tell him, and he's too innocent to try and fool us.
Sonja, however, will be a different story. I can pretty much guarantee that by Day 13 with her, we will still be in the throes of a war of wills with her. :)
Ah, the joys of potty training.
--C.


3 Comments:
Go Peyton!!! I bet you've had to do lots of laundry the last couple of weeks :) We just bought W. a potty this weekend to have around so he can get used to the idea but we're a long way from actually using it regularly!
Great job Peyton! We are proud of you! I hear Cheerios make excellent target practice (but we wouldn't know for sure!).
BTW, that is an incredible photo of Peyton! I love his new shorter hair!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home