Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sonja gets a check-up

Sonja had her 18-month check-up with the pediatrician yesterday. It was a little bit of a scene at first, but everything turned out fine.

She ended up yanking a pen holder down from the counter before I had even checked in and it clocked her in the face, causing a massive nose bleed. I have never had a nose bleed in my life, so I'm not really used to seeing blood pouring out of one's nose, but I figured a doctor's office was a pretty good place to be if your kid is bleeding, so I was pretty calm. The receptionist, however, was a little panicked (as were some of the people in the waiting room) and immediately got a nurse. She ushered us into the nearest room where 2 nurses and a doctor hovered over her (those exam rooms aren't exactly roomy!) until they determined it was nothing serious. After the chaos had subsided, we were moved to another room where Sonja finally had her check-up with her regular pediatrician.

Quite a start, but like I said, the rest of the appointment went smoothly. She got a few shots and handled them like a champ. She got measured and the doc said she is off the charts (99th percentile) for height and 60th percentile for weight. That's my girl! Actually, she was pleased that Sonja had gained as much ground as she did with weight because at her last check-up it was much more disparate with her height.

So now she doesn't have to go back until she turns two. Let's hope she doesn't break her leg next time!



--C.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, they get check-ups every six months? William has had two: one at 6 weeks, and one at 8 months. I have absolutely no clue where he falls in terms of height and weight. How tall is Sonja?

 
At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, by the time she turns 2, she will have had check-ups at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months and 2 years. Crazy, huh?

She is 34 inches tall and 25 lbs. But her belly circumference? That's probably about 34 inches, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home