Friday, February 22, 2008

Back from the dead

I'm finally human again.

I had the misfortune of catching a nasty stomach bug a few days ago. It hit out of the blue (I didn't know anyone who had it, so I don't know where I got it) and laid me on my butt for 2 days. I basically spent the first 24 hours in the bathroom. I'll spare you the details. Thank god Brad is on vacation from school this week because I was basically non-functional for the first 24 hours and somewhat functional for the next 24.

The kids seemed to sense that they should probably leave me alone, although poor Peyton had the misfortune of being right next to me on the couch during a barfing episode. Brad said Peyton was rubbing my back while I was barfing. Now that's love. :)

Lucky for us, Douna was the only one who caught it (well not really--it was probably something he ate). Unlucky for Brad, he had to clean up the gigantic pile of dog barf from the rug. That's love, too. :)

We're laying low for the rest of the week until Brad goes back to work on Monday. We are getting a night out tomorrow, though. My sister-in-law's birthday is tomorrow so a group of us are going out to a hibachi place for dinner (sans kids!) And we did get a good romp in the snow today after a snowstorm dumped about 9 inches on us.

Haven't taken many pictures lately, but here are some fun ones.


Playing with their friend, Michael


The line-up (ignore the laundry in the back)


Getting into mischief in the art bag


Chillin' on the couch


Trying to hug his sister but really looking like he is groping her

--C.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your night out was fabulous! Those kids are too stinkin' cute!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home